Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.2 embedded, SSO w/JsConnect - Wish to accomplish two things...

THANKS! to Vanilla Staff. Great open source package. I am loving the integration. It just works!

1) I would like to find a definitive method for removing the Sign In and Register Buttons from the panel; as I have SSO via JsConnect working well. And, find the extra buttons very confusing.

I have already set the forum registration method to "connect". No help there.
And, since the page is imbedded in a iframe, clicking on these causes the login and logout urls to load inside the frame... messy.

I have searched and tried to emulate the answers I found here... But, they are for older versions. And, did not pan out for 2.2.

2) I would also like to know where to find the plugin or application that allows the display of the "flag, quote, insightful, awesome... etc" at the bottom of a post. (exactly like the ones on this forum) I can only enable "quote". And, cannot locate any plugin that seems to match what I see on this forum.

Thank you for any assistance.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

1. You can hide them via CSS. Inspect the element, find a unique selector and set display: none;. If you have set the registration method to Connect, submitting those forms should forward you to the SSO method.

2. The Flag action is part of the Flagging plugin that is bundled with 2.2. Enable that and it should show up.

The rest of the items are part of the proprietary Reactions plugin and is only available to the hosted plan. There is an OS version called Yaga that provides this feature.

Good luck!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• SteedVLXSteedVLX New
    edited December 2015

Thank you for the response.

I understand what you are saying about setting CSS to display: none. However, it is the location of the elements that becomes the problem there.

looking through the theme CSS and the default CSS... So far, no luck.

Do you happen to know exactly what the class element is named? Perhaps then I could locate it.

Too bad about the Reactions plugin being proprietary. But, it is what it is.

• SteedVLXSteedVLX New
    edited December 2015

Thank you! This was a case of me making things much more complicated than they needed to be.

For future reference to anyone else looking for this...
    Found the style.css (should have been obvious) and found .button {...} at line 510. (In v2.2)
    Changed display: inline-block; to display: none; just like you said.

And, the sign in and register buttons disappeared... leaving only the SSO signin area. Now, if I could just make that automatic, it would be perfect.

Changed the SSO signout URL to 'NULL' and no more nesting on selecting sign out.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

1) I would like to find a definitive method for removing the Sign In and Register Buttons from the panel; as I have SSO via JsConnect working well. And, find the extra buttons very confusing.

You can remove that with a $Configuration

$Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowGuestModule'] = FALSE;

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@SteedVLX

For reference, you should avoid changing files in the core (to avoid complications when upgrading)

To make CSS changes you can create a custom theme, or use CSSEdit plugin and simply add the changes via the Dashboard.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@SteedVLX said:

And, the sign in and register buttons disappeared... leaving only the SSO signin area. Now, if I could just make that automatic, it would be perfect.

Have you looked at the auto sign in plugin? http://vanillaforums.org/addon/jsconnectautosignin-plugin

@SteedVLX said:

Have you looked into Yaga? http://vanillaforums.org/addon/yaga-application

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    You can remove that with a $Configuration

$Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowGuestModule'] = FALSE;

=) Now THAT would have been so much easier than what I did.

Thank you for that information. I will definitely look into doing that and undoing the changes previously made.

To @whu606:

For that exact reason, I wanted to avoid changing any core files. (didn't want to repeat the same process on every update) At the time, I didn't know about the other options that you and @vrijvlinder have pointed out. [Listen and Learn. Right?]

i will look deeper into CSSEdit as there are color (actually shading) changes that I wish to make permanent as well.

All three of ya get an AWESOME! And... my gratitude.

• @hgtonight said:

Have you looked at the auto sign in plugin? http://vanillaforums.org/addon/jsconnectautosignin-plugin

No, I didn't know about that one... Looking into it...

Have you looked into Yaga? http://vanillaforums.org/addon/yaga-application

I did briefly install YaGA... It didn't want to play nice with my installation. I disabled it with the intention of getting to it later.

Thank you!