Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nice addon but has some problems.

@VrijVlinder - thank you for the latest update to this addon.
I tested and found this issues.
1) User and Admin seems to have the same permission to delete uploaded pictures.
2) Uploaded images cannot be saved (caption), and deleted by admin and users
3) When "create new album" button is clicked by logged in user without picking a name, alert says "You do not have the permission to do that ....Please log in". User is already logged in but addon says "Please log in".

Forum runs on Vanilla version 2.2

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

1) User and Admin seems to have the same permission to delete uploaded pictures.

This has always been the case. If you want admin to be the only ones that can delete or edit, then change the permissions .

2) Uploaded images cannot be saved (caption), and deleted by admin and users

I have no such problem, I can't reproduce it anyway... It works great for me on different installations.

3) When "create new album" button is clicked by logged in user without picking a name

A user can't create a new folder without a name... the error message may be screwed up but the result is as expected. You can't create a new album without a name . There is no default name.

This is as best as I could get this plugin to work. If it does not work for you, do not use it. Or post relevant error info from your cgi error logs...

• ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited January 2016

@vrijvlinder - thank you for your comment.

Is there another user permission for "gallery" addon other than "attachment - upload" Role and Permission on the dashboard?

If members are not allowed to upload, then they won't be able to upload images on the gallery. Is there a way to make the addon so that users can only delete their own uploaded pictures and cannot delete other member's pictures.

However, admin and moderators should have the right to delete pictures (all members pictures) at will.

I Will look into it ASAP . By permissions I mean cmod on the uploads folder for the gallery. Everyone can delete and upload. That is how this plugin has always been. It does not detect or register users and assign user id. If you can't trust users to respect other peoples galleries then change the permissions in the plugin to Garden.Settings.Manage

Ok try the new version 2.0 ... I hope that works for you. If your forum is not in the root but is in /forum , remove manager/ from the link in line 64 of the gallery.php file in the views folder.

• @vrijvlinder - Thanks gallery addon works alright now.