Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

SSO with java

Hi all,
I'vs just download source in here: https://github.com/vanilla/jsConnectJava. I updated my client_id and secret in index.jsp file. After that run file jsp, but it works error. I missed item on index.jsp ?

Comments

• Options

error json: { "message": "The client_id parameter is missing.", "error": "invalid_request" }

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Are you generating in insecure mode for testing?

Boolean secure = false; // this should be true unless you are testing.
    String js = Vanilla.jsConnect.GetJsConnectString(user, request.getParameterMap(), clientID, secret, secure);

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    pojopojo New
    edited February 2016

@hgtonight : wow..it work properly after set secure=false....thank you so much..

• Options
    pojopojo New
    edited February 2016

After set up successfully, the link sign in will appearance....the user have to click this link log in the site....Can we automation login without clicking sso link...

• Options
    pojopojo New
    edited February 2016

one more question: each connection on jsconnect addon only use for 1 person ? If yes, we have 1000 persons, we have to create 1000 connection. Or we have another solutions for this issue ?Thanks

• Options

Be sure to revert to secure mode when finished.

@pojo said:
    one more question: each connection on jsconnect addon only use for 1 person ? If yes, we have 1000 persons, we have to create 1000 connection. Or we have another solutions for this issue ?Thanks

Your connection should load the current user session and return details. You only need one endpoint.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Hi @hgtonight :
    In index.jsp file, I define a account:
    user.put("name", "Test1");
    user.put("email", "Test1@gmail.com");
    user.put("photourl", "");
    and I create discussion on forum by Test1. After that, I change account Test1 to Test2 and login.
    user.put("name", "Test2");
    user.put("email", "Test2@gmail.com");
    On previous Test1's discussion, I see author change Test1 to Test2. I want to Test1's discussion still be created by Test1 not Test2.

• Options

@pojo said:
    Hi @hgtonight :
    In index.jsp file, I define a account:
    user.put("name", "Test1");
    user.put("email", "Test1@gmail.com");
    and I create discussion on forum by Test1. After that, I change account Test1 to Test2 and login.
    user.put("name", "Test2");
    user.put("email", "Test2@gmail.com");
    On previous Test1's discussion, I see author change Test1 to Test2. I want to Test1's discussion still be created by Test1 not Test2.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

SSO is separate from inserting discussions pragmatically, please start a new discussion.

Search first

• Options

hi @hgtonight : sorry for my disturb , but I wan to know clearly how to jsconnect work. As I say above, first I have the Test1 account and create one discussion (refer screenshot below)

after that, I login with another account Test2 (only same client_id and secret) but Test1's discussion change to Test2...What's happen for this login?

• Options

@pojo said:
    hi @hgtonight : sorry for my disturb , but I wan to know clearly how to jsconnect work. As I say above, first I have the Test1 account and create one discussion (refer screenshot below)

after that, I login with another account Test2 (only same client_id and secret) but Test1's discussion change to Test2...What's happen for this login?

Are you supplying different names but the same unique ID?

It looks like that is what is happening.

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight : yes, you're right. The unique ID is duplicated. Thanks for your support...:)