Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Users Ip Address is shown in discussions

Since the upgrade to 2.2 the users' ipaddress is shown in the discussions. How do I disable this ?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@piotr

I think that is just for admins.

• First thing I did, log in as a normal user....still showing IP.

Odd. It doesn't on my installs.

• It must have to do something with the roles I think. When I check the user list, I can see that for most users the role is empty, for some users the role is "registered user". These are all users that were active recently (after the upgrade). This must be users that have confirmed their emailaddress. Now, what permission should I set to disable the viewing of the IP address ? Confused...

If you want to hide it while you are looking for the answer (or until someone else comes up with one) you could add this to your custom.css or use CSSEdit plugin to add this

.MItem.IPAddress {
        display: none
    }

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Check the roles and make sure that only admins (and maybe moderators) have the Garden.PersonalInfo.View permission. That is needed to see ip addresses.

• Thanks @whu606 and @R_J