HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Greetings !

Well, after using almost every other forum software out there including VBulletin and Xenforo, i have come to Vanilla. So far i have my site up and running, which was a breeze, forums in place, and tested on Google Mobile Friendly, and all is great so far.

To be honest the niche topic that ive chosen is very slow for the old time forum venue since social media became so popular, but im hoping to change that a little with a more modern approach to the hit and run mind set of todays market.

I can assure you that i will be seeing you a lot probably in the beginning, because trust me Vanilla is not like anything else out there that ive ever worked with. Im hoping that this forums support structure is friendly and understanding because i intend to have a lot of newby questions i think. Please Be Gentle. :)

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi @ShadowBass, welcome. I'm a total fan of Vanilla newcomers that have a long OS forum history.

Vanilla firsthand seems easy and and smart but it has some pain points like anywhere else. The active community is quiet small here you will see but there is a good range of pro's here to help.

Regarding Social Media: I run the largest baby community in my (small) country and the "Forum Structure" does still or does always do a better job than Facebook groups or anything else when it comes to discussing issues like that in a linear way. I'd say that counts for every topic that needs an in depth discussion over hundreds of posts.

Feel welcome! I always join a discussion about community managing philisophy. ;)

(ssst @linc... we need a category that goes by the name "Community Managment").

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla