Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Flagging crash the site

I finally set up my site, in CentOS 7 with apache 2.4.6, when I enable the Flaggin plugin the admin site crash

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while.

In fact when I want enter to discussion get the same error, for example to vanilla/index.php?p=/discussion/4/hey#latest

How I can disable?

Tagged:

Comments

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

Hi, welcome to the community!

@jasilva
    How I can disable?

You can use any file manager (for example File Zilla ) locate the folder conf
    Download file conf.php !!! not config-defaults , and open it in the editor (for example NotePad ) locate the following line:
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Flagging'] = true;
    change the true to false
    Save your changes and upload the file conf.php again to the site.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@kopna

Or you could just disable the plugin via the Dashboard... :wink:

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

@whu606 написал:
    @kopna

Or you could just disable the plugin via the Dashboard... :wink:

Yes you're right. But i also encountered a similar situation and nothad unable even to enter the dashboard. Helped me the option proposed by disabling the plugin file in conf.php

Thank you ;)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@jasilva You could also try to solve the problem ;)

"Something has gone wrong." is just a user friendly message, but it is not the real error. You can get that by adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to your /conf/config.php. Then tell us what you see and we might be able to find a solution.

You should always enable/disable plugins in the dashboard!

@kopna Your advice is correct, but again: you should always enable/disable plugins in the dashboard! ;)

Each plugin might have a method setup() and/or a function onDisable(). Those methods will only be called if the plugin is enabled/disabled by the plugin manager. A plugin might not work after enabling or the forum might stop working after disabling it manually in the config, because critical code hasn't been executed.

If you know what you are doing on a code level, you can certainly change that on the fly in the config (if it is really more convenient for you, and I must admit I do that, too, during development), but I think that this should not be considered as a hint for Vanilla beginners.

• @kopna @R_J @whu606

I change the conifg.php to $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Flagging'] = false;

With these I recovery the access to dashboard p=/settings/plugins/all but not to discussion

After add $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; I see this error:

Fatal Error in PHP.trigger_error();

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'vanilla.c.DateInserted' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

The error occurred on or near: /var/www/html/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php

418:                     $this->closeConnection();    
    419:                     continue;  
    420:                 }    
    421:   
    422:                 trigger_error($message, E_USER_ERROR);    //THIS A RED LINE  
    423:             }  
    424:    
    425:         }

Backtrace:

/var/www/html/vanilla/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php:422] PHP::trigger_error();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1663] Gdn_Database->query();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:614] Gdn_SQLDriver->query();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/plugins/VanillaInThisDiscussion/class.inthisdiscussionmodule.php:46] Gdn_SQLDriver->get();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/plugins/VanillaInThisDiscussion/default.php:61] InThisDiscussionModule->getData();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:867] VanillaInThisDiscussionPlugin->discussionController_beforeDiscussionRender_handler();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:775] Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandler();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.pluggable.php:133] Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandlers();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:251] Gdn_Pluggable->fireEvent();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:251] DiscussionController->index();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:329] PHP::call_user_func_array();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla/index.php:44] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.2
    PHP Version: 5.6.18
    Operating System: Linux
    Server Software: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) PHP/5.6.18
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
    Request Uri: /vanilla/index.php?p=/discussion/3/
    Controller: PHP
    Method: trigger_error

• you need to disable only_full_group_by in myslq if you want to use it.

grep is your friend.