Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Theme Bootstrap : Delete Column Started By

Vanilla 2.2
Theme Bootstrap
Serveur de Test : http://88.181.151.128:8080/

Hello everyone,

Started By column takes up too much space and the information contained are not really important.
Under phpbb, this information is placed under the Thread Title:

I would like to remove this column.

Also, I would like to have this information in the thread title

here is an example :

Thank again for your answers

Tof

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Up,

Please, Someone to help me?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What plugins are you using?

I installed Bootstrap on a fresh install of Vanilla 2.2, inserted some random data and I cannot see what you are seeing in the second picture.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Try disabling the DiscussionPhoto plugin.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I believe the issue is that they picked Table display of the discussions instead of modern… So this is how it is rendered.

In order to be able to get this done, you need to change the layout to Modern….

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    I believe the issue is that they picked Table display of the discussions instead of modern… So this is how it is rendered.

In order to be able to get this done, you need to change the layout to Modern….

Even in the table view, that column doesn't show up.

Search first

• Options

@vrijvlinder I just realized that Bootstrap removes that column at a specific width. My secondary screen is below that width. Sorry.

Search first

• Options
    noncenonce Necro-on Forensics
    edited March 2016

use can use css and change things to how you want them to look.

• Options
    edited March 2016

NO, the can't fix it with css... I tried but it is messy because that theme is complex because it is a flexible theme/resposive.This has to do with the layout, table modern or mixed.

if you have a css fix then post it here, otherwise , no you are wrong and this can't be fixed easy with css...

Tof needs to change the layout from table to modern, but I don't think they want that. So suck it up. Some things are not possible.

• Options
    edited March 2016

why don't they switch their layout???? why don't they want to?

why don't they create a new theme without the column.

• Options

@nonce said:
    why why why ?

I don't know but I have mentioned it to them. I tried to fix it and change it but it was not possible unless they change the layout. Tof needs to make the call as to what they will do.

• Options
    edited March 2016

fair enough. the theme is in tof's ballpark.

• Options
    TofTof
    edited March 2016

Thank you for your debate
    I must find a developer to change this part?

• Options
    edited March 2016

yes, someone that can change the table layout you picked. In the dashboard you can choose the layout. You chose Table, that is written in stone.

If you choose Modern layout then it will display as you wish. At the very least , the Modern layout is easy to edit with css.

Tables are much harder to edit using css , that is the way of the table beast.

I suggest you choose Modern or mixed at most.

I am telling you this because I personally tried to do this for you a few weeks ago but was not capable. I am sorry for that.

The next thing I suggest, is to go on github and try to get the author of this theme, Kasper Isager and have him help you with HIS theme.

He does not offer support for his themes etc here on this forum, I don't know why. If it were me I would have the theme removed from here and only offered at Github since he the author is the only place he will answer questions but I don't know if he has answered questions there for anyone.
    It bothers me to even have to work on his themes for people with problems but can't help myself not to try and help others with a theme I did not write and found many problems as well as other people.

Please hit him up if you truly want to fix this Tof .