Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect with Parse BaaS

Hello,

I've been reading through all the documentation on jsConnect and would very much appreciate some quick insight on my concerns regarding the feasibility of using this plugin.

I use the Parse backend for an iOS and Android application and would like to sync forum login/registration with the accounts made through the app with the Parse server acting as "master". jsConnect seemed like a good choice for this functionality, however I'm worried that I'm violating one of the main "assumptions" the documentation states is needed for jsConnect and that is "Your user is signed into a website."

I may be looking at this from a completely wrong direction, but whether or not a user is logged into the app is irrelevant (for my purposes) when logging into the forums. I am confident that I will be able to get this plugin working without bugging you guys for specific technical help, but was hoping to get an answer on whether or not jsConnect is a good choice for my project before spending many more hours studying the source files.

Thank you very much in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Thank you very much, @x00 . If I can achieve this functionality and confirm it's being done securely, I will create a jsConnect fork for it as a plugin.