Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embeded forum not scaling properly.

Hello. I'm embedding the forum in my website and it cuts the top of forums off.

It cuts of the top when I'm logged in and the page is at certain[?] lenght.

Here's a picture when I'm logged in and it cuts the top: https://i.imgur.com/Nc8tUCy.png

Here's a picture when I'm not logged in and it scales properly: https://i.imgur.com/N5rBDvD.png

I've tried different themes and none of them changed anything.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It is not the vanilla theme you need to fix, it is the page and theme you are using where you embed. Please read the tutorials. There is a section on what to .

• Embeded forum is on top of everything else. It just scrolls down, because I can scroll it up just fine with clicking middle mouse. Also, It shows as it should if I refresh the page.

If so, please show me the direction of a tutorial, if it certainly answers my question.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24780/how-to-embed-your-forum-into-a-wordpress-page

If you give us a link to your embedded forum we could take a better look and be more certain of what to tell you to do. Looking at images alone does not help. We need to inspect the code.

• EclipseEclipse New
    edited March 2016

It may be a trivial check, but make sure forum embedding is enabled from Vanilla's side (attached image). After I set up the Wordpress plugin, the embed seemed to be working properly until I noticed the same clipping you are having; enabling embedding fixed it for me. But please also post a link so we can check out the console.

vf5.JPG 151.2K

Embedding does not rely on that script or if it is turned on. You can embed your forum regardless.

Their issue could be any number of things. Least of all that one. But since we can't be certain until we get a link, then it's a crap shoot...

• I only recommended turning that on because that little change fixed a whole host of issues for me

• Yeah, I'm not using Wordpress, also Embedding is turned on.
    I kinda fixed the problem by using iFrame with height of 5000px. That's currently being hosted, but I'll change it to universal embed code so you can take a look at it.

Here's the link: http://faith.lv/vforums.html#
    You have to be registered to recreate.

I can see the issue is with the css of the page you embedded the forum in.

You have a z-index in this #u2369 and also the height of the #page should be auto or nothing , no height attribute . Here are the codes you need to replace with these changes for that page.

#u2369{
    z-index:4;
    min-height: 1000px;
    border-width: 0px;
    border-color: transparent;
    background-color: transparent;
    }

div#page.clearfix{
    z-index: 1;
    width: 100%;
    height:auto;
    background-image: none;
    border-width: 0px;
    border-color: #000000;
    background-color: transparent;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    }
    #u2369-bw{
    margin-top: 89px;
    }

iframe#vanilla13766{
    width: 100%;
    height:auto;
    border: 0px;
    display: block;
    min-height: 1000px!important;
    visibility: visible;
    z-index: 99999999;
    border-top-width: 0px;
    border-right-width: 0px;
    border-bottom-width: 0px;
    border-left-width: 0px;
    }

• As I'm using Adobe Muse, I don't want to change CSS by hand, because then I lose ability to use in-browser editor. If that's the only fix, I'll stick with iframe.

Suit yourself…

The title of this discussion should be changed to: "Embedded forum not scaling properly because I don't want to change the css of the page I embedded it into."
    O.o