Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Save draft makes post live

Hello,

Not sure if ive set something up wrong, but when a draft is saved it makes the post live.

I take it this shouldnt be happening? It makes every post look like its been edited.

Could this be the theme Im using?

Comments

• Sorry bumping, has anyone else seen this?

Is there something I can check in the dB? Is there a draft flag? When writing a new post the auto save makes it live. Or the Normal save button.

• noncenonce Necro-on Forensics
    edited March 2016

I have a silly question.

did you test with the default theme and disabling your plugins.

standard troubleshooting protocol is in the tutorials category.

nothing should make the post "post" except save comment or save discussion.

drafts are automatically saved auto drafted and can be turned off by a plugin. but draft does not mean post.

• Yes tested with all plugins disabled and the default theme.

The other dev working on the site changed the auto increment of the discussions table to start from 1000. Could that have caused it?

its only new topics that are made live by saving the draft. Replies it works fine with and drafts are not put live until post is clicked.

What is the difference in the DB between a draft topic and a posted one?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If this happens to you,
    a) some language files could have changed the wording of both buttons. You should be able to see this by taking a look at the html source of the post discussion page. The draft button should have the id "Form_SaveDraft".
    b) a plugin/addon/theme messes around with the discussionModel or the draftModel. Go back to where a vanilla Vanilla starts and test that.
    c) some of the core files have been changed. Re-upload a fresh download of Vanilla from this server (backup your .htaccess if you've made any changes to that file)
    d) there is some bogus code in a bootstrap.....php in /conf folder and you should try renaming those files

I cannot think of any other option...

The difference where discussions and drafts are saved is the table/"the place" where those are stored. If it only happens when you create a new discussion, I would say it is either a selfmade plugin (otherwise it most probably would have happend before) or an altered core file.