Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A wysiwyg editor that has drag and drop photo uploads?

Is there any WYSIWG editor that has drag and drop photo uploads? It's not user friendly to expect people to write markdown. I tried CreativeCLEditor but it doesn't let users drag in photos. It seems that it's really difficult for users to share media compared to other forum software. So much of what people post is photos and videos these days.

Is there a setting or plugin I overlooked?

Comments

• yeah this one

it comes with he core called Advanced Editor or just editor.

grep is your friend.

• noncenonce Necro-on Forensics
    edited March 2016

your best bets is to read the tutorials in the tutorial category related to config statements regarding markdown or other options and to get version 1.7.6 at a minimum.

While the advance editor has its own deficiencies and is a bit buggy regarding WYSIWYG and relation with other plugins

I would suggest editor version 1.7.6

$PluginInfo['editor'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Advanced Editor',
    'Description' => 'Enables advanced editing of posts in several formats, including WYSIWYG, simple HTML, Markdown, and BBCode.',
    'Version' => '1.7.6',

1.7.6 has a few more bugs fixed regarding insertion, etc, and would work with vanilla 2.2

• edited March 2016

I'm lost. Where do you find 1.7.6 of Advanced Editor to download? Where are the tutorials you suggest reading?

Sorry, but I've been using Vanilla for maybe 4 years, and I thought I knew where to find such things, but I can't anymore. Would appreciate links.

Would also like to know about styling classes as my custom theme could use some tweaking to show this correctly.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

If you are using 2.2, it is in the plugins section under Advanced Editor.