Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

White Screen When I Try To Open / Create A Forum Thread.

Greetings,

Finally got Vanilla Forums set up and one major problem I'm experiencing is I cannot open any of the threads. This is the case whether I'm logged in as admin or logged out.

If I create a thread or click to open a thread I just get a white screen.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thank you!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Please enable the debugger plugin and try to open the thread. You should get more information than just a white screen.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thank you for the fast response.

I'm still getting the white screen. It's strange because I can create a new thread, but I get stuck on a white screen. When I get back to my forum I see the thread was created but I can't get into it. White screen again.

No code on the white screen but I'm getting a bunch of queries when I go to my forum home page.

You are running Vanilla 2.2, right?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    You are running Vanilla 2.2, right?

Yes that's right. Fresh install of 2.2. If I can't get this sorted I guess I'll delete everything and try to upload again.

I'm also getting another error. When I delete an activity I get this error in the bottom left hand corner of my screen.

@RMK said:

I'm also getting another error. When I delete an activity I get this error in the bottom left hand corner of my screen.

This is a known issue: https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31182/error-on-deleting-activity-recorde

If you have debug enabled and you are still getting a white screen, it is time to check your server error logs.

Search first