Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Members" cannot sign in.

I was trying to disable private conversations for regular members of the forum. I opened the "Member" role and unchecked the Conversations -> Add permission and saved (not sure if this was the right setting, but I was experimenting). Suddenly, I can't sign into the forum under any account with the "Member" role (I get permission denied error when trying to log in). I change the "Member" role back to its original settings, but that didn't fix the problem. Oddly enough, I can still create accounts and log into as long as they stay under the "Applicant" role. As soon as I confirm my email address and am transferred to the "Member" role, the account is immediately logged out and I can no longer sign in under it.

Using the dashboard, I changed the roles of some test accounts to try to track down the problem:

If an account has just the Applicant Role, it works.
If an account has both the Applicant and Member Roles, it gives me the permission denied error when trying to sign in.
If an account has just the Member Role, it also gives the permission denied error message.

Also, I have the YAGA application installed. Knowing that this changes the permissions somewhat, I tried disabling it, but it made not difference.

I've attached screenshots of the permission page below. How can I debug this and figure out why it is denying me permission to sign in?

Comments