Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Users Have to Login Twice

After upgrading to 2.2 from 2.0.x When logging in,
1. users enter their user name and password
2. click login
3. get the error message "Please Try Again"
4. Click login again and it works.

also: some users are logged in on some pages and not on others.

I have messed with cookie domain and path and I get the same behavior. My web server only allows one url/domain, the www version.

I have tried

cookie path '', '/', '/forum/'
cookie domain '', '.mydomain.com', 'www.mydomain.com'

Before upgrading when things where working cookie path was '/' and domain was ''. Also I noticed that there have been no entries to the Gdn_Session table since the upgrade.

I am running in a loadbalanced environment. The first assumption I had was that the session table in the database was not being used and that was causing it. But after changing dns on my local computer to bypass the balancer It acts the same.

Any help advice would be awesome. I would hate to switch to a whole new forum application.

Comments

• Gdn_Session has no relevance to authentication so don't worry about that. Sessions are HMAC so are not stored on the server.

it sounds like it might be do to the transient key. isAuthenticatedPostBack is checked before this. It expect a relevant TransientKey.

grep is your friend.

• Garden.Embed.Allow can get rid of this error, but maybe not the best solution.

grep is your friend.