Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

custom htaccess?

Hello, my forum is running smoothly now and thanks to vanila.

I only have one problem to solve.

My issue is regarding my indexed links on GOOGLE. My forum software was previously mybb, i ported it to vanilla, also my forum has decent number of post and its pretty old (4-5years).

With that said i have around 30K + INDEXED links on google. Since vanilla discussion url is different from mybb, i know there's no way i can redirect all links coming from GOOGLE to automatically be redirected to the NEW links in vanilla.

Question, is there a way for me to minimize 404 page not found in my part via htaccess? Accroding to googlewebmaster i have around 30K server errors or page not found. What's the best way to solve/minimize my problem, i believe htaccess can help?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@maxyaeger said:
    Since vanilla discussion url is different from mybb, i know there's no way i can redirect all links coming from GOOGLE to automatically be redirected to the NEW links in vanilla.

Who has told you so? If you're old thread id is your new discussion id it should bequite easy:

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+).html$ /discussion/$1 [R=301]

I'm no haccess wizard, but that should point you in the right direction.

• Options

Thank you Sir, i will try this.