Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion Pages (pagenumbers)

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
A small (but for some useful) extension:

Discussion Pages 1.0

Displays pages number in the discussion grid:

Comments

• Sweet.... but it doesn't seem to be working, I've activated the extension, but no change...
  • Same stuff for me. Not working. =(
  • Not working.. :(
  • doesnt work for me either unfortunately
  • STE7130. Did you design that site? Looks awesome dude!
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Does it perhaps rely on one of the new delegates in svn?

I really should do another release. Maybe this coming monday?
  • Jazzmans last extension did so it's quite possible.
  • I really should do another release. Maybe this coming monday?
    Vanilla 1.0.1 — go for it! :)
  • Doesn't work for me either.
  • jedrekjedrek New
    edited August 2006
    This worked great for me, but with some of the discussions on my forum going into the thousands of posts, I added a small hack to reduce the number of pages displayed. As I have no idea what kind of license the extension has, I'm just putting it up here for the author to see.

• edited August 2006
    @bentot: Yes.. its my site :)

@jedrek: the link dont works!
  • I think jedrek meant this
  • Haha... omg :P Didn't know people would have so many comments in one discussion :P Is it okay if I implement this "hack" in my next release? (I'll credit you ofc ^^)
  • This extension does not work for me, either. I have a brand new installation of Vanilla 1, which fits all system requirements. It seems that several other users are having the same problem - ie., the extension simply not working at all. Is there anything specific about our systems that could be causing the extension to fail? What information could we provide you (the developer) with, to help you pinpoint the problem without wasting too much time? Is there anything we can try for you at our end? What do you suggest?
  • Sure Jazzman, glad it could be of use. I know I should've coded it to accept how many pages on each end it should display but it was just a quick hack as I was upgrading from 0.9.0 to 1.0.1
  • Took a peek, and it uses PostDiscussionOptionsRender, which is in 1.0.1.

Jazzman--how about adding a $NoticeCollector->AddNotice if the version is less than that.
  • Not working for me either :(
  • Yep... take a look at the lower left. If you see this: Vanilla 1.0 is a product of..., then you need to upgrade to 1.0.1 to get this extension to work.
  • @WallPhone: yep, you're right! - just upgraded to 1.0.1 and it now works! Thanks!