Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Advanced editor and using @

Selected username from dropdown (after typing @Sys), cursor jumps to start of the line, rather than inserting space after username.

Pressing space bar after name makes empty box.

Any suggestions for quick fix?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Does the box stay when you post ? Or does it go away ? It looks like a tooltip of some kind from your picture.

• The empty box does go away when I continue typing few chars... It is the same box which shows suggestions of username when using @. I have tested with Mac browsers only, I don't know if this is issue with Windows browsers.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I was able to duplicate this error here on this forum. If I add @Linc for example and move to the next line, then the drop down keeps showing and follows me around until I press preview. @Linc might have a clue. It is really bizarre it also happens when you use certain characters and it becomes an emoji or tries to and the drop down does not disappear when you click elsewhere on the editor.

Sorry can't figure out what could be causing this. Someone need to file a bug report.