Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Embending on wordpress doesn't work

Hello. I am the owner a small site on wordpress and I have been using bbpress as my forum platform. Unfortunatelly, using bbpress and all the plugins on my site, has made my site heavy enough that visitors cant load my site. I want to move over to vanilla forums and disable the wordpress login proccess all together after all my users have mooved over. I choose vanilla because it gave me the option to embed the comments, so that users who are logged into my forum, can also comment on my wordpress site. Unfortunatelly, embeding doesnt work.

Everytime I enable the embeded comments, the comment section on my articles gets replaced by a simple text that says" Powered by vanilla" and the comments never load. I am also not able to choose a category for the comments inside the vanilla plugin for wordpress. I am on the latest version of both wordpress and vanilla as of today. I tried using disqus for comment and they worked out of the box but I really want to use the vanilla comments.

Any help would be appreciated. Both vanilla and wordpress are running on the same server and domain. vanilla is running in a subdomain and its detected by the wordpress plugin. SSO works as expected. Its the forum and comments that dont. I dont care about embeding the forum. I only care about the comments.

Thanks to everyone in advance.