Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Does anybody have experience with hostmonster?

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

They offer ready made installer scripts and I'm helping someone to install Vanilla the right way. But hostmonster does not only offer a wrong version of Vanilla, they seem to screw up more than that.

A fresh installation of Vanilla logs out the admin after 1 or 2 minutes and the password isn't accepted anymore. I could not even imagine what's happening over there. Does anybody have experienced something similar or knows anything about hostmonster?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Oh this is ridiculous...

Question: Provider: Hostmonster - My Domain is: "Not Specified" A friend of mine is hosting a Vanilla forum on hostmonster but the version seems to be outdated. What is the current version that hostmonster offer?
    5:28:45pm(Operator)

Hello , Thanks for contacting Customer Support. My name is (Operator, no need to publish his name here) and I am happy to help you. One moment while I review your account.

5:32:56pm(Operator)

Could I get the primary domain on the account, please?

5:33:40pmRobin

some domain name

5:37:52pm(Operator)

Could I get the last 4 characters of the cPanel password to verify ownership of the account?

5:39:34pmRobin

No, since I'm only helping a friend out. I've hoped it is possible to get the information which version of Vanilla hostmonster is offering without that.

5:41:14pm(Operator)

Could you please elaborate what exactly you re referring to

5:42:08pmRobin

Vanilla Forums Script. I saw that you are offering "one click" installers and my friend of mine is using a one click installer of Vanilla Forums

5:45:27pm(Operator)

Yes did you install that ?

5:47:03pmRobin

Sorry, but I'm trying just to get a simple "We are offering version 2.whatever" answer for about 20 minutes now. What would I need to do to get that information?

5:48:58pm(Operator)

On which domian you want to install that ?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2016

Lol…You are better off calling them on the phone. The chat system in hosts suck.

However apparently also the hostmonster website is down…

Technical Support. Main Line: 866-573-4678. Outside the U.S: +1(801) 494-8462 .

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited July 2016

Oh this is ridiculous...

:lol: its pretty ridiculous to expect anything else from first level support from anywhere these days. They usually just read off a prepared message

here is a hostmonster coupon

http://www.hostmonstercoupon101.com/hostmonster-simplescripts/hostmonster-forum/

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

Bwahaha ! here they are trying to compare my host to them ….. how funny, well at least they do call it one of the best hosts and their competition.

http://www.hostmonstercoupon101.com/hostmonster-vs/hostmonster-vs-fatcow/

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

hostmonstercoupon101.com is a domain owned by GoDaddy (and the content is very, very outdated). I don't know if hostmonster is related to GoDaddy or if GoDaddy uses some kind of guerilla negative advertisment here...

Searching the net for "hostmonster reputation" reflected my impression. I had to stop support because I do not understand what is happening and support by chat was lousy.

• Options

@R_J said:
    Searching the net for "hostmonster reputation" reflected my impression. I had to stop support because I do not understand what is happening and support by chat was lousy.

I can tell you that most hosts these days use a third party distributer of scripts such as Mojo http://www.mojomarketplace.com

They could likely tell you what is the going version, it is not the current version. I have called them and written to them that they are distributing the version with security flaws to no avail…