HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Civil Tongue Markup Issue

Using markup on the forum and replacing the bad words with the default **** makes it replace the word with --------- across the entire line. My solution to that was change to something else like :o Replaced.

Otherwise, this is a great plugin! Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Ha, yeah, I guess it wouldn't get along with Markdown so well in its default form. I guess there has always been a strong correlation between folks who use Civil Tongue and folks who use WYSIWYG formatting. Personally I've never been a fan of either. I'm not sure what a better default would be. I suppose in Markdown it could try escaping the replacement character?

• I think it's fine as it is. It allows a change to the replacement and so it serves the purpose. :) I don't allow any editors on the site. Just basic default and then the markdown works for that.

As the site is international, this is necessary as we have some very conservative segments of the client base and so we try to keep it as clean as we can. My main site replaces the bad words with some rather interesting replacements. You might see someone getting heated and throwing a bunch of tutus around. Does make for a laugh and ends up cooling down the tone a bit once they read it.