Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What are the single tags in a block on the thread listing

What I'm referring to isn't necessarily "announcement" or "answered," but they're similar. When I look at the thread listing for the forum I see these, maybe a tag if it's related to a specific addon.

I'm wondering if that's a public addon, or just something custom for this forum? I understand that "announcement" and "closed," etc. are built in, but what about the rest?

I ask because being able to mark/prefix threads like this could allow us to merge some subforums, but still have clear organization.

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes there is a Tagging plugin that comes with Vanilla. There are several Tagging type add ons that could serve you purpose.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The software that runs the addon repository is opensoure and can be viewed in the community repo: https://github.com/vanilla/community

It hooks into the tagging plugin (which is a plugin available in the core download) when a user clicks the ask a question button from the addon page. It adds a reference to the discussion which then shows the tag on the listing.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks @hgtonight, looks like I'll have to get creative on my own then. Appreciate the pointer.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@dmsinger wrote:

I ask because being able to mark/prefix threads like this could allow us to merge some subforums, but still have clear organization.

If you were more specific with what you wanted to do, how the tagging should work, you might get more specific advice.