HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Infinite Scroll : show page no. instead of discussion/comments no.

edited July 2016 in Feedback

Hello there,
I am using infinite scroll plugins and its cool. But I still have some questions.
1. can i use page number insteed of discussion/comments numbers ? (please see figure1; I need page no. in blue circle)
2. can I also show first few page numbers and directly last page number like in figure 2?

figure1:

Figure2:

I find this plugins awesome so couldnt think abt other one.
I would appreciate your reply.

Thank you in advance
P.S. I m using Vanilla 2.2.1 and new in vanillaforum.

Comments

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

Thanks for using my plugin!

I liked the page number idea, so I added an option for this. You can download the newest version of the plugin and add this to your conf/config.php to enable it:

$Configuration['InfiniteScroll']['PageNumber'] = true;

Regarding your second figure, this would require major changes in the plugin, so it is not easily possible.

• Options

@Bleistivt

I liked the page number idea, so I added an option for this. You can download the newest version of the plugin and add this to your conf/config.php to enable it:

Thanks!! Thats work fine. Thank you again.

Regarding your second figure, this would require major changes in the plugin, so it is not easily possible.

Do you have some idea how to do that. Or are you planning sometime to do some major changes like you said ? I think a lot of people including me will appreciate if you implement idea like in figure 2.

• Options

@Bleistivt I still have one question:
    I have two pagination in one page as shown in figure:

no.1 is for discussions no. on the same page and
    no. 2 is no. of comments on that discussion.
    When I activate infinite scroll, the discussion no. works fine with infinite scroll but comment no. pagination is gone.Infinitescroll automatically hides the pagination (visibility: hidden;) I want no. 2 comments numbers as it is. Is there a way to disable infinite scroll to a particular pagination.
    I would really appreciate if you have some idea and do something about that.
    Thank you in advance.

• Options

@Bleistivt I just found a bug and that is :
    page number works fine till third pages and shows no more. I mean while scrolling ,it goes till page 3 (in my case) and stops like there are no more pages but I have 300 pages.
    Do you have any idea about this ?
    I appreciate any help from anyone.