Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Profile pictures assigned wrong permissions

Hello,
I'm a fresh vanilla user (and a first-time forum admin as well...).
I'm having a problem with profile pictures - they get uploaded with the wrong permissions (700, even though the userpics folder has 777) resulting in a broken image icon when browsing the forums (even though the files DO get uploaded successfully, I can manually reassign the userpics folder permissions in which case the pictures show up).
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Regards,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited August 2016

@Mayday said:
    Hello,
    I'm a fresh vanilla user (and a first-time forum admin as well...).
    I'm having a problem with profile pictures - they get uploaded with the wrong permissions (700, even though the userpics folder has 777) resulting in a broken image icon when browsing the forums (even though the files DO get uploaded successfully, I can manually reassign the userpics folder permissions in which case the pictures show up).
    Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Regards,
    Mike

it depends on the os. sounds like you need to talk to your host.

what is the os on your server?

could be acl setup or setgid on folder or umask and owner and group ownership as well.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

If I'm not mistaken it's Gentoo Base System release 2.2