Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tag cloud working with 2.2? [RESOLVED]

SuzySuzy New
edited September 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Has anyone got the tag cloud plugin working with 2.2? If so, how did you do it? (I'm assuming it needs some modification because it's not forming a cloud on my forum. The size is changing, but it's still just a list ordered vertically, not a cloud.)

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016

do you have a screenshot? to show what you see, could be helpful.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options
    SuzySuzy New
    edited September 2016

Thanks, River. Sorry for not getting back straight away. (I wasn't at my computer and have just got back.)

I believe I've just found the problem. There was some code in the theme I am using referring to tagcloud. I took it out and the tags are now forming a cloud.

I think I can take it from here, and modify the look a bit myself.

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016

@Suzy said:
    Thanks, River. Sorry for not getting back straight away. (I wasn't at my computer and have just got back.)

I believe I've just found the problem. There was some code in the theme I am using referring to tagcloud. I took it out and the tags are now forming a cloud.

I think I can take it from here, and modify the look a bit myself.

here's the issue

Tagging plugin now.

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/Vanilla_2.2.1/plugins/Tagging/class.tagmodule.php#L216

ul class="TagCloud"

vs.

Tagging plugin in historical version.

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/Vanilla_2.0.18.13/plugins/Tagging/class.tagmodule.php#L53

ul class="PanelInfo"

so what you need to do is search and replace PanelInfo with TagCloud in the TagCloud plugin

in the two files.

TagCloud/design/TagCloud.css and
    TagCloud/design/TagCloud.js

• then the styling and borders will work properly and
    • the alphabetical sorting will work properly.

after those changes it should look similar to this alpha- sorted and "sized" and no borders.

better to change the tagcloud plugin than to modify the tagging plugin, since the tagcloud will most likely never be updated whereas Tagging plugin is already several versions ahead on github. Therefore next time you update vanilla you will also have a new tagging plugin that overwrites the old tagging plugin.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

Wonderful. That fixed everything. It's centred now too, which I was trying to figure out. Thank you very much River.