Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

DeepSpace theme wrong links. How editing?

Hello all

Vanilla version : 2.2.1
Theme : DeepSpace

I recently discovered Vanilla and installed the DeepSpace theme by VrijVlinder. All seems working well except when I go to the user profile. Once into it, the « Edit Profile » button link to fumamx.org (see picure below). Of course I tried to edit default.master.php into the concerned folder, I also tried to replace it by the template (default.master.tpl) located into applications/dashboard/views but whatever I do, nothing works.

What file do I have to edit and where ? (for dummies please)

Thanks by advance.

Best Answers

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016 Answer ✓

@keltwookie said:
    Hello all

I recently discovered Vanilla and installed the DeepSpace theme by VrijVlinder. All seems working well except when I go to the user profile. Once into it, the « Edit Profile » button link to fumamx.org (see picure below). Of course I tried to edit default.master.php into the concerned folder,

Yes , editing default.master.php in the views folder would be the thing to do.

I also tried to replace it by the template (default.master.tpl) located into applications/dashboard/views but whatever I do, nothing works.

No , don't do that this is a default.master.php based theme - you don't mix and match.

Thanks by advance.

• 1 when asking a question about themes, plugins, applications or locales, go to the addon section choose the addon you have a question about and then choose ask a question.

• 2 regarding the theme. it has placeholders in some spots - that really may not be necessary, since with relative url's and rewrite urls, it should automatically convert the relative url correctly.

with a tpl theme, you edit the default.master.tpl in the views folder of the theme

with a php based theme, you edit the default.master.php in the views folder of the theme

this is a php based theme - therefor you edit the default.master.php

from your image - you could logically guess you need to search for www.fumamx.org/foro

which is located in /view/default.master.php

then you would see

?></div><a class="BigButton Edit" href="http://www.fumamx.org/foro/profile/edit" target="_blank">Edit Profile</a></br>

you would really only need a relative url

?></div><a class="BigButton Edit" href="profile/edit" target="_blank">Edit Profile</a></br>

also you should search for /foro/ and delete it everywhere in the theme so the images show up.

Some tips for you

@vrijvlinder - things to consider - get rid of the 2.0 folder since its not supported, and probably the parallax folder - too confusing for users without clearer instructions in a read me. They don't realize they have to rename folders etc to use the other options, and just more stuff to overlook for you when updating theme. regarding js folder, since cleditor is deprecated, you might make something compatible with advanced editor if needed.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    Answer ✓

Sorry for that I had been traveling, I will fix all that ASAP and upload new version tonight .

Answers

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016 Answer ✓

@keltwookie said:
    Hello all

I recently discovered Vanilla and installed the DeepSpace theme by VrijVlinder. All seems working well except when I go to the user profile. Once into it, the « Edit Profile » button link to fumamx.org (see picure below). Of course I tried to edit default.master.php into the concerned folder,

Yes , editing default.master.php in the views folder would be the thing to do.

I also tried to replace it by the template (default.master.tpl) located into applications/dashboard/views but whatever I do, nothing works.

No , don't do that this is a default.master.php based theme - you don't mix and match.

Thanks by advance.

• 1 when asking a question about themes, plugins, applications or locales, go to the addon section choose the addon you have a question about and then choose ask a question.

• 2 regarding the theme. it has placeholders in some spots - that really may not be necessary, since with relative url's and rewrite urls, it should automatically convert the relative url correctly.

with a tpl theme, you edit the default.master.tpl in the views folder of the theme

with a php based theme, you edit the default.master.php in the views folder of the theme

this is a php based theme - therefor you edit the default.master.php

from your image - you could logically guess you need to search for www.fumamx.org/foro

which is located in /view/default.master.php

then you would see

?></div><a class="BigButton Edit" href="http://www.fumamx.org/foro/profile/edit" target="_blank">Edit Profile</a></br>

you would really only need a relative url

?></div><a class="BigButton Edit" href="profile/edit" target="_blank">Edit Profile</a></br>

also you should search for /foro/ and delete it everywhere in the theme so the images show up.

Some tips for you

@vrijvlinder - things to consider - get rid of the 2.0 folder since its not supported, and probably the parallax folder - too confusing for users without clearer instructions in a read me. They don't realize they have to rename folders etc to use the other options, and just more stuff to overlook for you when updating theme. regarding js folder, since cleditor is deprecated, you might make something compatible with advanced editor if needed.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

Answer ✓

Sorry for that I had been traveling, I will fix all that ASAP and upload new version tonight .

• @ River: That's what I call a detailed answer :D

1) I forgot to apologize if I did not post into the right section...and I didn't.

2 ) Now I got the proper informations, I can edit the needed file...properly.

@River said:

Of course, that's what I did with my text editor (geany), but found nothing. That's why I posted, I spent1 entire day on it...I need glasses it seems.

@vrijvlinder said:

Great ! No only for me but for others as it is a great theme. Congrats sir !

Many thank gentlemen !

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@keltwookie

Just for info, Vrijvlinder is a gentlewoman. :wink:

• Ooops !

Really sorry so:

"Many thanks all"

and:

"Congrats miss"

@whu606 said:
    @keltwookie

Just for info, Vrijvlinder is a gentlewoman. :wink:

Yes, I admit it, but sometimes I can be not so gentle and I apologize for that in advance … ;)

Jet lag has affected me and must ask for one more day to fix this theme. For others..

• edited September 2016

Issue fixed and all works like a charm.
    I applied the method described above and it still did not work.But...
    The real problem came that I did a backup of default.master.php before editing (into the same folder) and I named it default.master.old.php. This doesn't work, I had to change the extension too, like this : default.master.bak