Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tried to port from MyBB, didnt work

I uploaded the porter went to my website/vanilla2export.php, entered the info it asked for, and it said congrats. Put the zipped vanilla2export file it created in the new Vanilla uploads folder and its giving me an option of "this database" or to search on my computer for the file. I have deleted my old MyBB forum, but not the old DB yet. Any ideas? Was I supposed to have put the vanilla2export inside the old MyBB uploads folder? Since I still have my old DB can this still work?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You should better ask such a question by using the "ask a question" button the porters pager. That way the developer would have been informed about your question automatically.

@Linc: can you give an answer?

• Options
    snootysnooty Florida

OK, thanks RJ. Will ask there.

• Options

@snooty

This is what i did for SMF:
    I did not delete the old forum, since i believe it looks into it also.
    I ran the website(forum URL)/vanilla2export.php.
    IIRC the file goes into the uploads folder of your vanilla folder.
    Atm vanilla and the old forum exist on the same server.

Then i went into the "Import" section on the dashboard and followed instructions.
    If I'm not mistaken the file was already in the dropdown list or something. I didn't have to upload it since it was already on the server.

Now, I had vanilla in /root/dadada/... and the old forum in /root/OldDadada.
    Or something of a sort, and the "Old" which was originally in "dadada".
    I had all it's links fixed to work in the "OldDadada" directory.

That kept everything working for long enough till I had the time to update the posts to the new reality.

That was my experience, hope it helps.