Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Automatic Approval and Manual on Non SSO SignUps

Hi, I'm not sure if this can be set but it would nice to have both manual approval registration on site sign-ups and automatic approval on SSO or social media sign-in since these third-party networks like google, facebook twitter already has some sort of verification process using it.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Generally speaking, you do not allow sign ups on the forum if you have SSO on another of your sites. You only allow connections.

Is there a specific reason you want to allow signing up on your forum in addition to your other SSO site?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    xifekoboxifekobo New
    edited October 2016

Not exactly. I mean if a guest does not want to register using google+ facebook etc, obviously the option would be to use standard member signup, which ideally would be manually approved.

Something along the lines with the User Registration Settings (checkbox)

[ ] New users are registered and automatically approved through SSO plugins.
    [ ] New users using site registration are reviewed and approved by an administrator

I mean the auto approval is already there with the SSO option but set to 'only'. I'm saying if some potential members does not want to use their social media accounts, you're driving away a lot of signups.

Of course, you would say that just keep both SSO and manual signups under manual approval, but then again the whole point of the social signups won't make any sense.

I know this does not exist so just an idea and a nice feature to have.

What do you think @hgtonight?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I think that is a good use case. I was under the impression you had some other site like example.com that was running a software (e.g. wordpress) and had it connected to your forums via sso (e.g. on forums.example.com).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

thanks. If this is a good use case, I wonder how and when will it make it for release, or a simple workaround will do if possible.