Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

MyBB convert to Vanilla didnt work

I uploaded the porter went to my website/vanilla2export.php, entered the info it asked for, and it said congrats. Put the zipped vanilla2export file it created in the new Vanilla uploads folder and its giving me an option of "this database" or to search on my computer for the file.

I have deleted my old MyBB forum, but not the old DB yet. Any ideas? Since I still have my old DB can this still work?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited October 2016

@snooty said:
    I uploaded the porter went to my website/vanilla2export.php, entered the info it asked for, and it said congrats. Put the zipped vanilla2export file it created in the new Vanilla uploads folder and its giving me an option of "this database" or to search on my computer for the file.

I have deleted my old MyBB forum, but not the old DB yet. Any ideas? Since I still have my old DB can this still work?

show a screenshot.

Your dilemma is not clear.
    what's your point. what happened when you selected this database? what problem are you having?

I don't use the plugin and haven't imported mybb
    it should search the paths here....

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/Vanilla_2.2.1/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.importcontroller.php#L141

keep them. until your port is successful. you could always rebuild the myybb locally and redo things if aboslutely necessary. but the point is what problem are you having?

and what version of mybb might help others help you?

also since you are "testing so to speak", you might consider trying with vanilla 2.2.1 if 2.3b1 or 2.3rc1 gives you a problem and vice versa

do you know which version of vanilla you are using?

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options
    snootysnooty Florida

Thanks River for the response. To be honest, I just didnt want to deal with it any longer, so I did a clean install. The MyBB forum didn't have that many members so I just started over. I have a new problem now, so going to the correct forum to ask. This thread can be closed or deleted.