Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't get 2.2 upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 to work?

Over a period of time since 2.2 was released I was never able to get a working upgrade of my version 2.1.13p1 software. It was easier to just stay where I was. Now I thought I would take another crack at it and once again I can't get the upgrade to work. When I run the utility/update I just get a blank page each time I refresh the page. When I go to the site address I get the following error message.

Fatal Error in PHP.trigger_error();

Unknown column 'w.Participated' in 'field list'

Additional information for support personnel:
Application: Vanilla
Application Version: 2.2.1
PHP Version: 5.5.38
Operating System: Linux
Server Software: Apache
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Safari/602.1.50
Request Uri: /vanilla-2/
Controller: PHP
Method: trigger_error

I have attempted to follow the upgrade thread included with the download as well as the help file by peregrine. I have been fortunate with my limited knowledge of running a forum for a small club (nobody else would do it!) to be able to upgrade with few problems from Vanilla 1 up to the present 2.1.13p1.

Would appreciate any help on this keeping in mind my knowledge of php is limited.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Try opening yourpage.com/utillity/structure first.

If that doesn't help try disabling allplugins, revert back to the default theme and try the update again.

• Ok, thanks! I had tried /utility/structure and did not work however I tried the upgrade again and this time it worked. Thanks

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Nice to hear that! =)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

See if you can get PHP upgraded to 5.6 now! :chuffed:

• Thanks Linc for the headsup. Checked with the host and they upped it to 5.6