HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Questions surrounding the account management issues

edited December 2016 in General Banter

Hello everyone!

Our client wants to include a 'how to' page for the end users (visitors) of the forum that we are building. This will contain questions such as:

What if I lost my password
How do I include a link
etc. etc.
Does anyone already have such a document lying around or is there a end-user or forum-visitor tutorial available?
Asking this also because I've once worked in a phpbb forum as well, and they have a standard help text and manual for the users included. I want to avoid having to start from scratch when it already exists for Vanilla as well.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
Thank's a lot!

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2016

@thanhvanchi said:
    Hello everyone!

Our client wants to include a 'how to' page for the end users (visitors) of the forum that we are building. This will contain questions such as:

What if I lost my password
    How do I include a link
    etc. etc.
    Does anyone already have such a document lying around or is there a end-user or forum-visitor tutorial available?
    Asking this also because I've once worked in a phpbb forum as well, and they have a standard help text and manual for the users included. I want to avoid having to start from scratch when it already exists for Vanilla as well.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
    Thank's a lot!

Yes, this person is writing one up. you can probably pm them for a copy.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/32724/end-user-manuals-does-anyone-have-one-lying-around

its been a couple of months so he's probably got it knocked off already.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/243895/#Comment_243895

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.