Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Extension Request - Curse Word Auto-censor

bradybrady New
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help

Vanilla really needs this feature distributed upon release. My eyes are burning from all of the curse words I'm seeing posted here and on my installation. Please help, as this is really hurting my ability to use Vanilla. I'm beginning to work on an sample implementation, it is called the V-chip. Can someone help me debug?

Comments

• Options
    F*&% OFF!!!!

(kidding.... if you want me to test anything let me know....)
  • Options
    bradybrady New
    edited July 2005

Thx - but just joking ;)

• Options
    I'm glad, i couldnt tell whether it was sarcasm or not.
    People who get flustered over swear words should just fuck off into a corner and cry themselves to sleep. Big deal.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    A curse-word filter would be very easy to implement. I can do the framework and pass it along if you want to do the nasty task of thinking up every little swear word that people might come up with :)
  • Options
    Lol, now there's something I could do in my sleep...
  • Options
    bradybrady New
    edited July 2005

How about an extension that ranks posts by number of curse words in the comments? ;)

Inspired by this

• Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    A tag-cloud plugin in general would be some nice eye candy for a forum homepage... in the vein of http://www.tagcloud.com/ ... EDIT. looks like tagcloud needs an RSS feed to work though. hm.
  • Options
    BOB SAGAT!
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I think this will be the least popular extension if ever developed :)
  • Options
    i don't know. vanilla is so friendly and easy that it's bound to attract all kinds of non-techy admins. and as you know, non-techy people don't like to see swears.
  • Options
    It's a good idea depending on the type of forum and the audience that it's going out to.