Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Saved Searches Extension

patsjvpatsjv
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Just installed the "save searches" extension and get the following error message. I'm real new to this so am not sure the extension is causing the problem, but sure could use some help. The message is as follows: // Saved Searches Table Structure $DatabaseTables['UserSearch'] = 'UserSearch'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['SearchID'] = 'SearchID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['Label'] = 'Label'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['UserID'] = 'UserID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['Keywords'] = 'Keywords'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['Type'] = 'Type'; ?>']['SearchID'] = 'SearchID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['Label'] = 'Label'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['UserID'] = 'UserID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['Keywords'] = 'Keywords'; $DatabaseColumns['UserSearch']['Type'] = 'Type'; ?> A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The connection to the database failed: Affected Elements MySQL.OpenConnection(); The error occurred on or near: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

Comments

• most likely not an extension problem, but rather an ISP problem. does your vanilla work otherwise?

i'd wait a few minutes and see if it goes away on its own.
  • Vanilla is completely down (http://208.109.4.17/vanilla/) but I'm happy to wait it out a bit. Thanks, Ithcy.
  • I've waited this out for a while, but no longer think it's the ISP. Any other ideas from anyone?
  • i'm getting a 404 on that page.
  • Just reinstalled a fresh version in a new directory to get it up and running again. Thanks again for the help.
This discussion has been closed.