Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Anonymous usage

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is it possible to create annonymous comments and discussions? Thanks, J

Comments

• Not without an extension (which doesn't as of yet exist).

http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:faq_1
  • too bad there is still no extension and i don't know how to build one. no matter what message board software i used in the past. people always wanted to post right away and didn't register often. as a moderator i would sometimes delete stupid posts but for the rest it worked very well.
  • ToivoToivo New
    edited September 2006
    install add comments? and turn on instant user registration without approval (on the main settings) http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=1
  • I know what your saying Toivo, but people just cannot be asked to fill out three more text boxes, apparently it is just far to much to ask.
  • I feel the same way. There are many times when I come across a message board and want to post a message, but don't want to bother with signing up. In all probability, its just going to be an account that sits with one post in it.

I have no reservations on posting to a blog--email (kept private), name, comments.

This may be my next extension. But alas, time is limited.
  • could it be achieved in this way that a user is automagically loggedin as "HelloIamANewUser" or "Mr.A. Coward" oh, it would require that several persons could be loggedin at the same time, no cookies just a stupid idea probably. :)
  • You could just hack the add comments extension to put the login details for that account in a hidden input on the form. Would do the job.
  • please make a extension! PLEASE!
  • edited November 2006
  • I already did.
  • where is it?
  • This is a 4 year-old topic. I think it is regarding Vanilla 1. This doesn't work in Vanilla 2.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Correct.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

This discussion has been closed.