Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

a_ja_j
edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I was working on the wrong database and deleted all the tables. I thought I was on my testing version, but apparently I wasn't. Thought my host was doing automatic backups, apparently they weren't.

error:

Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
An error occurred while retrieving to-do data.
Affected Elements
ToDoManager.GetDueDateToDoItems();

The error occurred on or near: Unknown column 't.ToDoID' in 'field list'

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

I've tried to go into settings.php and set $Configuration['EXTENSION_TODO_SETUP'] = '1'; to '0', but I'm still getting the error.

Can anyone help? I'd like to get it back to as close as possible to as it was. Obviously I know all the posts are gone, but the style, and other media I had up there are still on the server.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

:(

Comments

• Options
    I've got the board up and semi-running. registrations are working, and some of the other stuff that was there is still there. But when someone tries to start a discussion I'm getting this error:

Error Message
    An error occurred while attempting to retrieve the requested comments.
    Affected Elements
    CommentManager.GetCommentList();

The error occurred on or near: Table 'vanilla.LUM_UserBlock' doesn't exist

But the discussion shows up on the discussion list.

I can't find this table anywhere in either of my Vanilla installs (one of which is working).

Someone please help.

Thanks
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Go into your extension management and disable / re-enable all of your extensions.

Some extensions have extra db columns that they add when they are enabled.
  • Options
    Thanks, Mark.

I ended up deleting the db, database.php, settings.php, and going through the installer again. I didn't re-initialize any of the extensions afterwards, but everything seems to be working.

Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing boxing gloves when I'm typing stuff into this screen-thingy.

*Grabs thirteen 40's from fridge

Thanks again.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    hahaha - I know the feeling :)
  • Options
    bumping the thread because i'm having a similar problem to the one mentioned above on my board.

Error Message
    An error occurred while retrieving comment information.
    Affected Elements
    CommentManager.GetCommentCount();

The error occurred on or near: Can't open file: 'LUM_Comment.MYD'. (errno: 145)

i disabled all the extras as Mark suggested but i'm still getting the error.
    started getting the error yesterday so i finally upgraded [from 0.9.2 - i'm a procrastinator] today.
    any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The error message that get is:

"MySQL.OpenConnection();

The error occurred on or near: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)"

That look like a problem with your server. You should ask your provider to look at it.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2006
    Here is a link for that "errno: 145" error. It was the first google result I found:

http://support.discusware.com/center/resources/errors/mysql145.html

It's a mysql corruption error. According to them, the solution is something like:

Log into the MySQL database from the command line (e.g., telnet or SSH session on your server) using the same database name, username, and password you've configured through the Database Manager interface.

mysql -u username -p DatabaseName Enter password: YourPassword ... mysql> REPAIR TABLE tablename; ... mysql> exit
  • Options
    thank you! a table was corrupted when they migrated servers.
This discussion has been closed.