Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Newlines after quotes

AprecheApreche
edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've got a Vanilla forum that uses Quotations, BBInsertBar, Html Formatter and Better BB Code to do the quotes and formatting. I have a problem where users keep putting extra newlines after blockquote tags. This results in lots of extra ugly whitespace in their posts. I don't have a problem, but it's very difficult to get the users to begin their posts directly after the /blockquote tag. Also, when it comes to lists, all the newlines within the list are rendered. Is there a way to prevent all these spurious newlines from being rendered, so that all the posts are rendered nicely even if users are dumb?

Comments

• Options
    Live thread! Live! Good question. I was searching for this, this is all I found. Is there a fix? Or when coding an extension is there something I need to add/remove to keep Vanilla from adding extra <br />s? It is quite annoying.
  • Options
    It would involve a smarter global formatter methinks.
This discussion has been closed.