Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Discussion Overview 1.0

Comments

• Options
    That add-on makes Vanilla more as a traditional forum. Cool.
  • Options
    TexTex
    edited November 2006
    Once more. The Discussion Overview 1.1 does not work with the Page Manager when it comes to the "Displaying Discussion Overview in a separate tab". Is there a possibility to disable that feature. I would really love to use this extension. Please. If it is just not possible, please tell me.
  • Options
    At about line 22, make sure this is set to '0'...

$Context->Configuration['DISCUSSIONOVERVIEW_SHOW_AS_TAB'] = '0';

I'm pretty sure '0' is the default setting, maybe you changed it?
  • Options
    @ Wanderer: I think we had this discussion before? This comes set to '1', but changing it does not help. I still think this is just the default setting. I want completely disable the option for the user. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    I don't understand what you mean by "completely disable the option for the user"

The user does not have the option unless they have access to the default.php file?
  • Options
    The user / member has the option to 'Show Discussion Overview As Tab', right? Account-> Forum Preferences At least in my version of the Discussion Overview. I want to take that option away from him. Am I getting something wrong or did I not make that clear enough? Sorry.
  • Options
    Nope, I don't have that option...

Version 1.1 - 08.10.2006, Jazzman
  • Options
    ? I have it, no matter if I set it to '1' or '0' in the default.php file and I got the same version. Thanks Wanderer.
  • Options
    Hey Tex,
    Sorry for the stuff up, I just remembered how I did it...

In the index.php file, on line 170 or so you will find this...

if ($Context->SelfUrl == 'account.php') { $Context->AddToDelegate('PreferencesForm', 'PreRender', 'DiscussionOverview_PreferencesForm');

...which is the code to display the DiscussionOverviewAsTab setting.

All I did was to change 'account.php' to 'accountxxx.php' a page that of course does not exist so the DiscussionOverviewAsTab setting is never shown.

I hope this helps and sorry again, I forgot I had the same problem and fixed it with a hack!

(Now where did I put those car keys...)
  • Options
    @ Wanderer: That is great! Thank you very much for that hack. Finally, I can use the extension.
  • Options
    Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000 is a problem for this extension.

There's almost a full page of nothing before the list starts.

This screenshot is from one of my PC members...

pic
  • Options
    IE6, oh how I hate you...

Does it happen without the Google Ad code?
  • Options
     Quote: [-Stash-]  Does it happen without the Google Ad code?
    Sorry, I don't know, I don't have access to IE6 and the person who reported the problem is not easily contactable.
  • Options
    You can always ask me ;) Or anyone else here who is currently running IE6 I'd imagine ;)
  • Options
    Thanks [-Stash-], consider yourself asked.
  • Options
    Errr...the google ad code is still there?
  • Options
    Hang on, give me 2 minutes.
  • Options
    fyi, this kind of error is usually due to the fact that, unlike FF/Opera/Safari, when an image is too wide for a column, instead of simply rendering out of it's bounds, IE will tend to "shift" any colliding elements out of the way.
  • Options
    Thanks chuyskywalker but I don't see which elements have the potential to collide here?
  • Options
    I often get tripped up by an image that is too wide -- however, a div with too much padding, or an iframe (hint hint) can cause it too. Any element, really. Ohh, another really common one is a line of text that won't wrap like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". Basically, try taking stuff out of the #Panel area and see if something causes it to work normally. (It sucks, but that's one of the few ways to figure out what's pushing it around.)
This discussion has been closed.