Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Anyway to wrap long filenames ?

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i notice when a file name is longer the extra characters are hidden is there a way to wrap it below the top line ? ie from this > the name of my file is text to this > the name of my file is text

Comments

• Options
    dan39dan39 New
    edited October 2006
    I believe this is completely a CSS thing. The headline defaults to overflow: hidden; You would delete the overflow attribute to stop hiding the extra text. I don't remember offhand, but I think you have to watch your floats or your positioning if you allow the headline to wrap.
  • Options
    I'm no CSS pro, but this is what I'm using after a Google search or two:

white-space: pre-wrap; /* css-3 */ white-space: -moz-pre-wrap !important; /* Mozilla, since 1999 */ white-space: -pre-wrap; /* Opera 4-6 */ white-space: -o-pre-wrap; /* Opera 7 */ word-wrap: break-word; /* Internet Explorer 5.5+ */
    In the CSS file, I removed white-space and overflow declarations from the .ItemName and .ItemName a items, then added the above code. Seems to be working fine for me so far, though this probably won't work if you have long strings of continuous text with no breaks where the CSS would wrap your line.

It might be more complicated than you'd like, but if you have long strings that won't wrap, check out regular expressions.
  • Options
    IE6 seems to wrap on dashes (-) using the code I provided in my last post, but FF 1.5.0.8 (and probably other versions) won't. If you have long filenames with dashes or some other type of repeating character: use the WBR character. See http://www.quirksmode.org/oddsandends/wbr.html for the browser compatibility chart.

Line 699 reads:$Return .= "<li class=\"ItemName\">\r\n";

Add the following code after line 699 but before the $Return assignment:$Name = str_replace("-", "-<wbr>", $Name);
This discussion has been closed.