Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The official I hate PCs discussion

Comments

• *note to wanderer, you hate windows, not pc's*
  • edited January 2007
     Quote: adrian.  *note to wanderer, you hate windows, not pc's*
    Finally someone understands!
    Unfortunately I coined "the pc mentality" way before Macs went Intel.

By the way, that should be PCs not PC's pic

But you're right, it should be "Windows Mentality" or "Vespa Vision"!

As for the dead horse quips, it ain't dead, just snoozing!

Posted: Thursday, 25 January 2007 at 10:11AM (AEDT)

• y2kbgy2kbg New
    edited January 2007
    And it just had some RedBull shoved into its veins via an IV. (by Wanderer, what a freaking surprise....)
  • Well, it's a good thing that I have come along to revive this dead horse. Windows sucks! :)
  • pic

I'm awake, neigh, whiny!

Posted: Thursday, 25 January 2007 at 5:55PM (AEDT)

• What exactly do you think pc means? It appears you're confused. It doesn't matter what sort of processor a mac has. It's still a pc. I was tempted to point this out before but it was quite fun seeing you call everything pc mentality. Now it's just not funny. It's just sad.
  • I know what PC means Richard, it (was, is...) a common reference to the dark side, did you see the Mac/PC ads on TV?

Since you don't, or won't get it, you just don't get it. Now that's sad.

Posted: Thursday, 25 January 2007 at 9:25PM (AEDT)

• Richard? So clever Fran. I didn't see the Mac/PC ads on TV. I don't watch TV. I download the shows I want to watch and, if they're good enough, get the DVD boxsets. I don't get your point because it's madness. As you a born again Christian by any chance?
  • I don't see how questions of religon (other than fanboyism) add any relevance.

Either answer would invite nothing more than ad hominem attacks.
  • Wallphone has a point. Tone it down a bit guys...
  • Fair comment. However, there was a reason I asked the question. If you've ever had a theological discussion with a born again christian then you'll have encountered the very same sort of thing as evident with Wanderer. No straight answers to any reasonable questions. Blind faith despite other evidence. It wasn't a knock against religion in general.
  • dan39dan39 New
    edited January 2007
    You mean, like a cult?
  • Honestly I could say that about many people in just about any religion. It's one of the things that drives me nuts about people in general. So many opinions and beliefs that they never, ever really think about it. Wanderer is just having a bit of fun, really. Some people just like to spark a bit of controversy - I admit I am also one of those people. I don't like to spark a lot, just a little. I also like to argue logically, others just like to argue and do not really care about the logic. I do not feel there is anything wrong with either, as long as it does not get too personal.
  • dan39: lol.
  • There's nothing wrong with sparking a bit of controversy but there's a limit. dan: Nice!
  • giginger: Probably better to add 'in my experience' or 'most' to that statement.

I find countering any topic that has been indoctrinated into a person (or 'brainwashed', so to speak) is difficult because that person themself has not critically examined the topic.

Find any person who converted from one religion (especially atheism) to another (admittedly, a daunting task) and they will give you much better quality responses.

Atheism has a unique quality of being composed of more converts than other religions, so you get much more 'signal' on theological discussions.
  • WallPhone: I agree on everything you say there. Inlcuding your suggestion to add in those extra words. However, I won't add them in as I'm not a fan of editing a post once somenody has replied to it :)
  •  Quote: dan39  You mean, like a cult?

Apparently Wanderer has joined. Wow funny stuff.
  • dan39dan39 New
    edited January 2007
    I can't believe you actually added him (and Bill Gates) to the Wikipedia page!
  • Hahaha! Vintage stuff.
This discussion has been closed.