Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mini Skydive

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Actually it's not a mini skydive at all. 10,000ft Skydive infact. So here's the thing:

I've decided to do a Skydive for charity (the NSPCC). It's actually a tandem skydive because otherwise I'm not allowed to jump from such a height but i'll do roughly a 5000ft freefall (at around 120mph), then pull the parachute to drop the rest of the way. To do it I need to raise £395 for charity...this is where you guys come in (if you want to, no obligation whatsoever). If anyone's interested in sponsoring me by way of saying thanks for all the hard work, time, and lovely friendly support I put into this community (yeah, right!) then if you could just drop a post in here that'd be awesome. I've setup a justgiving.com page so people can donate online with as much or as little as they want and if you want to donate nothing that's absolutely fine too.

How does it work? I've been set a target by the organisers to raise £395 which would normally allow me to jump for free (the jump costs around £170 so the charity would normally get a little over £200) - however i've decided to pay for the jump myself so the charity gets every single penny!

The jump will probably be on the 3rd February 2007 in Brigg (yorkshire for anyone who fancies watching (or joining in!!)) - I need to confirm the date when I'm sure I'll be in the country.

Ofcourse if people want to derail this thread (with a heated mac vs pc debate, perhaps) that's alright, but sponsorhip or just kind words (or even advice if there are any skydivers out there) would be appreciated naturally :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.