Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Calling all MS Exchange geeks

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So without any bashing of anything microsoft, please... For some reason yesterday my Exchange server decided it would retrieve all the mail from my POP3 server but seemingly not route it to users mailboxes. Today it seems to be back up and running after i poked it a bit (though i'm not sure what i actually did) but none of yesterdays mail has come back and obviously it's no longer on the pop3 server either. Does anyone have any idea if it's likely to have dumped it all anywhere or if there's any chance of getting it back?

Comments

• Exchange and popping outside accounts has always been a pain. Generally it's better to set the DNS to forward mail to the exchange server, vice having it pop accounts on another.

Although sometimes that can't be avoided.

I'd first check through the logs, and see where the messages got routed to. It's possible they were routed to another location inside exchange (mailbox, account, whatever), and are still there.
  • By logs do you mean the transaction logs (C:\Program Files\Exchsrv\NAME.LOG)? If so theyre pretty empty. 2 entries i think for email which the users sent out during the period but otherwise nothing. Searching for all mail by that server that day doesnt bring much up either. The log file is 4kb compared to a usual 200 or so =\
This discussion has been closed.