Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Private Messages 1.1

Comments

• Options
    bump again, can we expect any more work on this extension jazzman?
  • Options
    Hey guys! Sorry, I was away for the past two weeks. I'll pick up this extension very soon :)
  • Options
    thanks jazzman.
    people even come up to me in my local pub, asking about the lack of email notification ;) haha
  • Options
    hmm, it didn't create a tab at the top on mine. Could there be a conflict with the Page Management extension? A notification on the message board of a private message is needed.
  • Options
    you have to resync
  • Options
    another bug (i think).
    when composing a private message, the WYSIWYG toolbar does not appear, even though i have the option of selecting text or BBcode.
  • Options
    Hey using this on a new 1.0.3 forum and its trying to open the page URL: http://blahblahblah.com/forum/extension/?PostBackAction=PrivateMessages when clicking the inbox tab. something going a little funky somewhere...
  • Options
    i feel it would make more sense if the 'x days ago' (or minutes, or whatever) text reflected the time of the last message in the exchange, and not the first one.
    does anyone else agree?

at the moment, if i receive a new PM in reply to another, it still says '4 days old' next to it, even though the newest message is only 5 minutes old.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    so, to summarise the list of requests for this plugin so far:

- email notification needs fixing (i am now getting NO emails at all from this plugin)
    - WYSIWYG toolbar does not appear
    - a reply to a sent message does not count towards the message count in the inbox
    - the inbox shows sent messages (should be in the outbox)
    - senders of messages are not shown in the inbox/outbox lists
    - the date e.g. '2 hours ago' reflects the date of the first message in the exchange, not the most recent

- req: friendly URLs compatibility
    - req: notification on the discussion list of a new PM
    - req: unread message count on the tab
    - req: ability to delete messages (or perhaps just file them away..?)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    * the date e.g. '2 hours ago' reflects the date of the first message in the exchange, not the most recent

Change line 42 in PrivateMessages/discussion_grid.php from:
    <td class="MailBoxDate">'.TimeDiff($this->Context, $Discussion->DateCreated).'</td>
    to:
    <td class="MailBoxDate">'.TimeDiff($this->Context, $Discussion->DateLastActive,mktime()).'</td>
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    hm ... i tried to fix the friendly URL Problem
    how can i get a string with this url:
    http://www.coolr.de/extension/?DiscussionID=123&PostBackAction=PrivateMessages&View=Message

from this:
    $ItemUrl = GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'extension.php', '', 'DiscussionID', $Discussion->DiscussionID, '', 'PostBackAction=PrivateMessages&View=Message');
  • Options
    HELP ... pllllleaaaaaaaaase! :(
  • Options
    bump...
  • Options
    this is the only problem what i have with friendly-urls ... why no one can help?
  • Options
    We have the same issue with the Friendly URLs. A fix would be greatly appreciated as many of our users would like this feature. Thanks!
  • Options
    It seems there are so many problems associated with Friendly URLs.

Am I missing something? Is it really that useful an extension that people put up with so many incompatibilities and issues?

Posted: Wednesday, 14 February 2007 at 11:20AM (AEDT)

• Options
    circuit
    - WYSIWYG toolbar does not appear

look at the page url of where the textarea is, and add that page in default.php of ur WYSIWYG.
    it should look like this
    if ( in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("post.php", "comments.php")) )
  • Options
    FriendlyURLs is useful from an SEO and simply a human readability point of view.

Also, it's not really an extension, but a core feature IMO since it's bundled with the main download and enabled in a different way to every other extension out there. I think the incompatibility comes from extension authors not testing with both FriendlyURLs turned on and turned off. Either that, or the MOD_REWRITE rules in FriendlyURLs don't encompass everything that extensions can do by default? Certainly FriendlyURLs is a feature that is very attractive to a large number of people.
  • Options
    Hmm it's not sending emails saying a PM has been sent.

Cool ext - hope an update rolls through soon :)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Something I'd like to see until the Friendly URLs is made more "extension friendly" is a way to disable it using a parameter in GetUrl(). Extensions like this don't neeed Friendly URLs outside of aesthetics.