Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ajax search history on this forum?

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i click on the search input on the search page and got the surprise of finding the history of both me and other user's search results. Was this a recent add to our forum, or is it an old one?

i was mainly surprised to find someone trying to look me up.... anyone want to own up about your quest for 'vincent' and 'user:Vincent'? :P

Comments

• I don't get anything like that. I feel left out :P
  • Same here ADM...
  • Hi!

There is a history for me too! I'm using FF 2.0.0.1!

Tiggr
  • I'm using fx2.0.0.1 as well, so...
  • Post up a screenshot or something?

it's weird, though i think it's some jquery thing marks working on...
  • Err, I dont get that. You sure you havent searched for yourself sometime in the past?
  • lol, no i haven't :P

it's actually in there a couple of times in different names - VInce, vincent, etc
  • Which OS is this on Vincent?
  • Strange! I get this at work using FF 2.0.0.1 under Windows XP. At home, using the same combination, I don't get it! :-(

Under Linux, using an older FF 1.5.0.9 I get a history of my own last searches.

Perhaps something with an FF-extension?
  • StashStash
    edited December 2006
    IE/Safari users?

It's beginning to sound a bit more like a browser setting to me.
  • I peeked at the source at work FF 2.0.0.1 yesterday and diddin't get anything. Are you sure its something new? Check the source and see if there is a new JS or stylesheet that might give away the name of the new extension...

*Scratches head*

I know Mark was going to do something new for the whisper autocomplete... Maybe he is reverse-engineering a search history widget.
This discussion has been closed.