Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Create extensions.php

Is there a way to create extensions.php in the conf folder kind of in the same way that the database and settings is made? I only ask because the ftp to my site is being stupid now for over a week, and my extensions.php file is 0kb... so I cant enable any extensions!!!

Comments

• What do you mean 'in the same way database and settings is made'?
  • edited April 2007
    I also have a problem with the extensions.php file in de conf/ directory.

There were some problems with my extensions (I installed new ones and left the old ones in the directory), so I manually edited the extensions.php file and removed the erroneous lines. Because of this the group and owner changed from nobody:nobody to my username and my group. On the server, I don't have the permission to do a chown so I can't change it back. I also tried to change the permissions (chmod 777 conf/extensions.php), but to no avail.

What to do? Like the guy who started this topic said. An possibility would be to let the database recreate the configuration file with the correct permissions.

For completeness, my error output:

Warning: main(/home/javereec/public_html/friends/conf/extensions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/javereec/friends/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 124 Warning: main(/home/javereec/public_html/friends/conf/extensions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/javereec/friends/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 124 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/javereec/public_html/friends/conf/extensions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/javereec/friends/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 124
  • Does no-one know what to do when encountering problems with the configuration.php file?
  • I think the only thing you can do in your circumstance is to ask your host to change the owner back to what it should be.
This discussion has been closed.