Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

setup failed

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am trying to setup Vanilla on my own pc: windows xp sp2, xampp1.5.5, i upload the folder to [htdocs], and navigate over to the folder, but error: Server error! The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 500 localhost 01/02/07 18:47:34 Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.0 I find out one thing, i cannot change the [conf] folder to read AND write access, what's wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Windows wont actually let you change the permissions of the folder? Does your user account have full administrator rights?
  • Options
    read and access rights on a windows computer are virtually inexistant and are not a worry to you. All you need to worry about is if the installation of your server on your computer is working and what could be wrong with it.

I'm sure that this isn't a Vanilla problem
  • Options
    It could be the .htaccess file. I think I once encountered a problem with it on a windows installation. Try removing the file and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.