Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

EasySettings 2.0

y2kbgy2kbg New
edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Well I have finished version 2.0 that support the generator, and preview built in.
Download

Here is the Generator:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I have a problem. I want to use this to generate the settings management for my extension. When I click on the Generate Settings link, it doesn't find you generate.php. It is missing the Vanilla folder name. What should I change?

Never mind. I didn't think out how to use this. Now, I see.

You need a readme describing the procedure for using your extension? If you hadn't read through all the discussions here, as I haven't, then you will make mistakes and ask unnecessary questions like I did.
    How can you edit the settings form you generate? I forgot to add line breaks between each item.
    How can you change the widths of the text boxes for data entry? I entered default values that extend beyond the current width.

You have done a great job with this.
  • "How can you edit the settings form you generate? I forgot to add line breaks between each item."
    click the restore last generated link next to the generate button.

"How can you change the widths of the text boxes for data entry?"
    I really did think to add this feature. It would really be possible unless I came out with a new version. I will remember for 2.1 to add this.

"I have a problem. I want to use this to generate the settings management for my extension. When I click on the Generate Settings link, it doesn't find you generate.php. It is missing the Vanilla folder name. What should I change?

Never mind. I didn't think out how to use this. Now, I see."

I don't really understand the problem you had, did you have to change anything in the files? You shouldn't have had to. What was the problem and how did you fix it.
  • *bump*
  • edited February 2007
    Part of my problem was that I was doing things out of order. That's why a "how to use easy settings" would be good, at least for me of little brain.

One thing I found concerning the display of the settings once you generated them is that they display differently in each theme you use. That is not your problem, but something that an extension author will run into.

I hope to get back to this today.

I have generated my settings. I go to the admin for EasySettings settings. What is the purpose of "Generate Settings" and "Clear Test Page" choices?
  • just goto the generated.php and copy the genrated code or just whatever is in test.php and add it to the default.php for you extension, be should to note that you must enabke easySettings BEFORE thy enabled yuor extension.
  • When I did that, I now have 2 sets of settings options. What step did I miss?
  • ohh ok goto EasySettings Settings and hit "Clear test page"(or something like that)
  • edited February 2007
    That did not do anything. I still have 2 sets of settings. I had to edit the test.php and delete everything in it. Then I only saw one set of settings. There was another problem I resolved by adding a space in front of the input fields because you needed to have the label separated from the input. Looks better.
  • ok thanks for that! It should have worked, do you have the generator.php in the original location?
  • It is in the EasySettings folder.
This discussion has been closed.