Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Has anyone noticed the similarity...

y2kbgy2kbg New
edited April 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
of vanilla's disscussion page and the gmail inbox?

Comments

• Options
    not really...
  • Options
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

i sure do!
  • Options
    That's basically the same with a whole heap of other programs, i'll just an alternation in colour...

Though... i wouldnt be suprised if mark 'kinda' thought about that :P
  • Options
    the positioning is the same (left menu column and the table-looking list), but its like that in thousands of websites out there..
  • Options
    ohh well i thought it was kind cool,i guess because the both managed "discussions"' or"conversations".
  • Options
    How about this similarity:

Was convinced they were identical until I compared them side-by-side.
  • Options
    haha pretty close, especially that gap between the submit and password finder.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    ok...think of it this way, "how else possibly a decent sign-in block would look?" nearly all good websites have alsmost the same, except the wonderful live (hotmail) sign-in page (be sure to click).. C.S. Lewis has a nice book Out of the silent Planet, where a human, having arrived at Mars, noticed a boat while exploring the new lands. He noticed that the boat is pretty much like the boats on Earth, but then he figured, "how else a boat can possibly look like?" ..

edit: NOTE: i typed "hotmail.com" in the address bar and that's what i saw
  • Options
    you using a proxy or something?
  • Options
    no..
  • Options
    ohh well when i goto hotmail.com it looks fine, you must live somewhere where that language is different then. From my experience when i se a proxy in Russia site come up in Russian so thats why i ask.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    well... i am in Ukraine, as you can see in my account page.. but as for the proxy, i can't tell for sure, couse i know nothing about networks or connections.... all i know is i have a cable internet, and when i go to any microsoft or google site, it immediately offers russian (or ukrainian) version,,, i think it simply traces the location with the ip... but anyway, the "not found" notices are great

edit: for those of you who don't know what is ukraine, it is the east-european post soviet country; Chernobyl is here (about 80km or 50 miles from me:).. and Shevchenko football/soccer player and Klitschko boxers are from here.. it was the greatest battlefield in ww2 besides poland
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I just recently tried out the newest version of wordpress, and I think the nicest part of the program is their new sign-in screen. I wish I could do something like that for Vanilla. I just sat there and stared at it for about five minutes before signing in. I'm wierd.
  • Options
    hey Mark ! don't read them and be detered; if this is what you need to do and what you have done to produce a kick**** core, discussions design and sign-in and keep an open mind to themes, styles and extensions, then you keep on doing it ! we can all hope to accomplish even 1/2 of what we have experienced here...
This discussion has been closed.