Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Lussumo : Fatal Error

lechlech Chicagoland
edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Caught this bugger while logged out and attempting to access post.php

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /applications/lussumo/community/post.php on line 38

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    appears on vanilla here, not anywhere else.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I bet it's related to public browsing being enabled. Did you add it to the bug list?
  • i got that but its when i was signed in and then my session ran out so it seemed like a pretty reasonable time for an error to crop up.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Added it to the buglist and assigned the "anony-bugs" I posted earlier to myself. Appears to only be an issue here. Going to verify on one of my other installs.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    The crash-test forum confirms it. While it doesn't sprout an obvious error, it doesn't appear to do the proper redirect to go an log in... I also found the missing style I was looking for :D Gonna tweak the bug report.
  • Quick followup question on that (I just opened this thread about similar behavior http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/1570/increasing-user-timeout-values/#Item_1 ): The bug report begins with "<i>If you’re running an open forum...</i>". Does this behavior STOP happening if I were to uncheck the setting for making the forums viewable to non-members? I was planning on doing that in the next month or two once we have a solid user base, but if closing the forums (and I want to make sure I'm understanding the distinction between "open" and "closed") would resolve this, I'd be up for trying it. -Andy
This discussion has been closed.