Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Block user search

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm using my Vanilla install as a ticket support system for clients. I would like to block clients from being able to do a search to find other users.

I've checked through the forum and the available extensions, and haven't found anything that would do this.

Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this??

Comments

• Options
    Bump and same problem here. Or at least I'd like to hide all user details from non admin users. I just don't know how to do it properly. Any advices are welcome.
  • Options
    Private accounts extension could be a good starting point. Just upgrade it from hiding details from guests to normal members.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thanks mate! It was easy to edit that extension so that people (except admins) can't go to account.php page, BUT I'd like to prevent them seeing search results of users, too. I'm sure it's not a hard one, but can't see easy solution. So hiding the whole user search would be the best solution.
  • Options
    Try commenting out line 82 of library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.SearchForm.php ($this->TypeRadio->AddOption('Users', $this->Context->GetDefinition('Users'));), that should remove the option. To secure further, you may want to comment out the code that handles search further down.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ok, here is what I did:
    - commented some details from /themes/search_results_users.php
    - commented line 82 of library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.SearchForm.php
    - commented "Advanced User Search Form" from /themes/search_form.php , but left fieldset tags that it wouldn't break ShowAdvancedSearch() function, like this:
    // Begin Advanced User Search Form echo '<fieldset id="SearchUserFields">'; /* ... */ echo '</fieldset> </div>';

Not the secure nor best solution, but it's enough at the moment :) Thanks for you.
This discussion has been closed.