Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ezboard to Vanilla

HortonHorton New
edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey guys, New to Vanilla and not a PHP programmer or data base guy. Found Vanilla as an option at GoDaddy. Working to move my community from &%$# ezboard to Vanilla. My Ezboard forum has a lot of good content that I hate to lose. I have read somewhere that there is an import from Ezboard to PHPbb and that once that is done the content can be imported to Vanilla. Is this all a fantasy? Do I need to be pretty savvy to make this work? Can I bribe someone with a 12 pack of imported beer for help? Ideas? Horton

Comments

• I'm currently working on a vBulletin to Vanilla importer, and am trying to make it generic enough to plug into any database--assuming you write the queries. Isin't ezboard a free/hosted board? Do you even have access to the raw data? If not that would require writing a spider to rip all the threads first--not a very easy task.
  • Yea, I do not have access to the ezboard database itself. It is not really a free board, I pay $85 per year for a board without their ads. Besides the money they manage to screw up the data once a year and lose all kinds of stuff. Franky, I was surprised when I red the someone was importing to PHPbb.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Hmm, not having access to the boards database will certainly make things difficult unless it has the ability to spit out detailed rss/atom feeds to which you can build a database from. Kind of how WordPress does things but a little more difficult considering that it's not going to give you every detail necessary which would include user accounts and permissions :\
  • sounds like a lost cause. Thanks anyway
  • I have never used this (as I haven't used ezboard for about 6 years now) but this should convert ezboard to phpbb:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezboard-conv/
This discussion has been closed.