Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Copyright © 2001-2005

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
just an idea but...how about changing that line down on the software to GPL or a creative commons licence? it is under GPL or am i wrong?

Comments

• Options
    * Vanilla is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The copyright is meant to be for the name "Lussumo" and "Vanilla". The code is GPL'd. At least that's how I thought about it.
  • Options
    2001 - 2005

it took you 4 years to do this?

psyche, I'm just kidding
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    4 years of ideas and research! o8 was merely a box full of unsuspecting guinea pigs!
  • Options
    who you calling a guinea? :P
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I was douched out of service!
  • Options
    @mark: i see. it just kind of confused me to see "copyright" down on the bottom of a page of an open source forum but then i saw that punbb and phpbb2 also have those lines down on them.. so i think it is ok (yeah of course its ok..just didnt see the connection with the name) but it does disturb me a bit too i think its because of the "some rights reserved" slogan of creative commons and im not sure if everyone connects the copyright to the name...it would maybe raise the people's awareness of opensource software which is still pretty low in my opinion.
  • Options
    You pretty much HAVE to copyright it. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html He has to own it before he can give it away.
This discussion has been closed.